Watershed is a software platform for running a world-class climate program. We measure our success in the carbon reduction achievements of our customers. We are looking for team members who love product-building, want to work hard at a mission-oriented startup, and will collaborate with us in shaping the culture of a growing team.
We have offices in San Francisco, New York and London and remote team members across the US and Europe. We hope that you'll be interested in joining us!
We’re looking for founding sales development hires to bring Watershed to more companies. We’re at an inflection point: every large company is launching a climate program as pressure for action builds every day. You’ll do whatever it takes to get those companies engaged on climate and excited about working with Watershed. As a founding member of our go-to-market organization, you’ll help build the sales playbook, shape Watershed’s product, help us build a stellar team, accelerate pipeline across Europe.
- Open doors. Take a data-driven approach to prospecting that builds a pipeline across key customer segments, while building connections and establishing Watershed’s brand in markets we will be entering soon.
- Inspire action. Persuade prospects of the urgency of climate action and help them understand how Watershed can help them build a high-impact program, fast.
- Communicate like an expert. Companies will feel delighted and informed by your interactions, looking to you for both climate and Watershed product expertise.
- Take extreme ownership. Identify and actively address inefficiencies, : we need to leverage our tools for prospecting at speed
- Become an expert in climate, and educate companies on how they should navigate the world of carbon reduction targets, clean energy, carbon removal, and decarbonizing their supply chain.
You might be a fit if:
- You have 2-4 years of experience in sales or sales development and a consistent record of over-achieving your goals.
- You take extreme ownership of our customers’ first impressions of Watershed. Customers you’ve worked with in the past should rave about working with you.
- You’re flexible, adaptive, and resilient with a history of leaving systems, processes, and content better than you found them.
- You have a great attitude, a love of close team collaboration, and a desire to move and grow quickly in a fast-paced startup environment.
* Major emphasis on candidates who are bilingual in French, German and/ or Spanish
Where does Watershed work?
We have hub offices in San Francisco, New York and London, and some remote team members in the US and EU. Most of our jobs need to be in San Francisco / New York / London, but certain jobs are open to being remote and will be specifically noted on the jobs page and in the job description.
What’s the interview process like?
It starts the same for every candidate: getting to know the team members through 1 to 2 conversations about Watershed, your experience, and your interests. Next steps can vary by role, but usual next steps are a skill or experience screen (e.g. a coding interview for an engineer, a portfolio review for a designer, deeper experience call for other roles) which leads to a virtual or in person interview panel after that if the screens go well. We prioritize transparency and lack of surprise throughout the process.