Watershed is a software platform for running a world-class climate program. We measure our success in the carbon reduction achievements of our customers. We are looking for team members who love product-building, want to work hard at a mission-oriented startup, and will collaborate with us in shaping the culture of a growing team.
We have offices in San Francisco, New York and London and remote team members across the US and Europe. We hope that you'll be interested in joining us!
This role will be responsible for our external-facing watershed.com, and the codebase that makes it work. Critical to the success of Watershed is distilling the complex and messy frontier of climate into simple and easy-to-understand explanations for our customers. We’re looking for a Web Engineer who can turn those explanations into web experiences, and act as the liaison between marketing, design and engineering, to translate great ideas into exceptional execution.
What you could work on:
- Building a new responsive page on the website with a custom design, with unique designs at different breakpoints
- Adding a new workflow in the Sanity CMS for the marketing team to directly edit a part of the website
- Partnering with the marketing team to define a user analytics system in order to more effectively track user growth across multiple marketing tool sets.
- Defining and build a localization framework to serve the website content in different languages.
- Developing a system for split testing different landing page variants in order to improve on site conversion rates
- Implementing a motion or animation framework to enable and explore unique interactions
- Researching and evangelizing new trends and approaches to information display, technical implementation, visual flourishes
You might be a fit if you have:
- 4+ years industry experience
- Web engineering experience with React/NextJS and CMS systems
- Mastery of CSS to deliver beautiful websites
- Experience partnering with marketing teams to improve upon their back and front end infrastructure (website, internal tooling, data pipelines)
- An eye for the details and are excited to pair with a designer to to deliver websites that are visually compelling
- Demonstrated experience making performant websites, building interactive web tooling, and maintaining accessible, scalable UI components.
- An interest in brand and visual design
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with tag management systems such as Google Tag Manager
- Familiarity with reporting systems such as Google Analytics & Mix-Panel
- Comfort working with CRM solutions such as Salesforce and Hubspot
- Experience with Sanity or other headless CMS
This will be located onsite in San Francisco or New York.
The anticipated salary range is in addition to a total rewards benefit package including equity, health/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), unlimited paid time off, paid parental leave, fertility, and mental health programs etc.
Where does Watershed work?
We have hub offices in San Francisco, New York and London, and some remote team members in the US and EU. Most of our jobs need to be in San Francisco / New York / London, but certain jobs are open to being remote and will be specifically noted on the jobs page and in the job description.
What’s the interview process like?
It starts the same for every candidate: getting to know the team members through 1 to 2 conversations about Watershed, your experience, and your interests. Next steps can vary by role, but usual next steps are a skill or experience screen (e.g. a coding interview for an engineer, a portfolio review for a designer, deeper experience call for other roles) which leads to a virtual or in person interview panel after that if the screens go well. We prioritize transparency and lack of surprise throughout the process.