Watershed is a software platform for running a world-class climate program. We measure our success in the carbon reduction achievements of our customers. We are looking for team members who love product-building, want to work hard at a mission-oriented startup, and will collaborate with us in shaping the culture of a growing team.
We have offices in San Francisco, New York and London and remote team members across the US and Europe. We hope that you'll be interested in joining us!
We’re looking for an Enterprise sales development manager to oversee a team of Enterprise sales development representatives to bring Watershed to more companies. We’re at an inflection point: every large company is launching a climate program as pressure for action builds every day. You will be responsible for hiring, developing and supporting a team of exceptional Sales development representatives. The team empowers our strategic and enterprise customers to measure, report and act with our enterprise climate platform at the core. As a founding member of our go-to-market organization, you’ll work directly with our Head of Growth to help build the sales playbook, shape Watershed’s product, build a stellar team, and accelerate pipeline generation across North America.
We are looking for this hire to be in our HQ office in San Francisco where our sales development team is based.
- Lead team of Enterprise sales development representatives and recruit, interview, coach and mentor new hires to the team.
- Work with Watershed’s Head of Growth to implement and carry out a sales development go to market plan and strategy to meet/exceed pipeline generation targets for the Enterprise sales development Team.
- Coach Enterprise sales development representatives on prospecting, pipeline generation, sales calls, sales process, utilizing tech, as you create a talent generation engine for our growing organization.
- Drive energy and grow a positive and collaborative culture that inspires teamwork, performance and achievement.
- Align with Revenue Operations, Marketing, Customer Success, and Partnership teams on sales strategy, along with high-quality customer experiences between pre and post sales.
- Facilitate “Voice of the Customer” feedback loop between Sales and Product/Engineering, Marketing, Post-Sales and Support.
- Identify product and technology opportunities with Enterprise customers and present a point of view to Watershed’s Product and Leadership Team.
- Oversee day-to-day Enterprise sales development representatives activity while setting clear expectations and managing performance goals.
- Accurately report out on the team's performance, KPIs, customer insights, roadblocks and pipeline forecast.
- 2+ years of experience in managing and hiring a high performing Sales development Team for a Saas technology company as well as prior experience being an Enterprise sales development representative.
- A positive attitude, a love of close team collaboration, and a desire to move and grow quickly in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Exceptional communication skills with an ability to give and receive feedback thoughtfully.
- Passion for coaching others with a successful track record as an individual contributor and can share relevant and complex prospecting, account navigation, and pipeline generation experience with a growing team.
- Excitement to lead from zero to one. You love to build things from scratch— creating new playbooks for navigating organizations and ways to tell the Watershed story.
- Deep experience being a consultative seller. You listen deeply to customers and excel by helping them solve their problems.
- A flexible, adaptive, and resilient character with a history of leaving systems, processes, and content better than you found them.
- A love of going deep on new domains. You’ve sold products in complex or technical fields, and relish becoming an expert on your subject matter. You’re voraciously curious. You’re excited to learn everything about climate and help companies navigate this space.
- Extreme ownership of our customers’ first impressions of Watershed. Customers you’ve worked with in the past should rave about working with you.
- A track record of doing what it takes to get things done. You’ve accomplished things that others thought were impossible. You’re relentlessly resourceful.
- Experience in high-growth, fast-paced startup environments, preferably with hybrid remote and in-office teams.
What’s your approach to remote work?
Watershed is hiring team members on all US and EU time zones, and we’re committed to growing a long-term distributed team. We have hub offices in San Francisco, New York and London, and remote team members from Oregon to New Jersey to Ireland. There may be certain jobs that need to be in San Francisco / New York / London or certain locations, and will be specifically noted in the job description or in conversations.
What are Watershed’s return-to-office plans?
We reopened our San Francisco office in June 2021, and treasure the energy and collaboration that comes from working together in person. We’re particularly lucky to have a great rooftop outdoor space, where we can gather for lunch, one-on-one’s, and the occasional outdoor whiteboarding session. We’re also investing deeply to support remote as a first-class hub, with regular Zoom social times, an emphasis on transparency and written artifacts, and periodic offsites to gather everybody in person.
We’re a COVID-cautious company. The office is open to vaccinated team members and we’ll continue to pay close attention to case rates to ensure it’s safe for everybody.
Do I need X years of experience, climate experience, etc.?
No, Watershed is hiring team members with a broad range of prior experience, and we’d love to talk with you regardless of yours. We prioritize mentorship on the job. There maybe certain jobs that will need X years of experience, and will be specifically noted in the job description.
What’s the interview process like?
It starts the same for every candidate: getting to know the team members through 1 to 2 conversations about Watershed, your experience, and your interests. Next steps can vary by role, but usual next steps are a skill or experience screen (e.g. a coding interview for an engineer, a portfolio review for a designer, deeper experience call for other roles) which leads to a (usually virtual) onsite interview after that if the screens go well. We prioritize transparency and lack of surprise throughout the process.