Watershed is a software platform for running a world-class climate program. We measure our success in the carbon reduction achievements of our customers. We are looking for team members who love product-building, want to work hard at a mission-oriented startup, and will collaborate with us in shaping the culture of a growing team.
We have offices in San Francisco and London and remote team members across the US and Europe. We hope that you'll be interested in joining us!
We're looking for Climate Advisors to help our customers develop high-impact climate programs. You are excited to help our customers work through the complexities of their climate impact, create strategies for how their businesses can do better, and to help Watershed expand the ways it supports customers.
You will be responsible for:
- Being an advisor to our customers — helping them define climate commitments, build carbon reduction plans, scope decarbonization initiatives, navigate carbon marketplaces, and submit reports
- Accelerating our customers’ climate knowledge — helping them to understand topics from the Greenhouse Gas Protocol to reporting requirements
- Partnering with Customer Success and Sales to provide consulting/professional services that enable customers to achieve their climate goals
- Building incremental climate expertise to expand the products and services we offer customers
- Researching industries to build the foundations required to delight our customers across different sectors
- Have professional experience in climate or sustainability-related fields, for example working with corporate decarbonization, science based targets, or climate policy
- Have experience driving strategic initiatives in complex organizations, driving decision making while managing many stakeholders
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and are comfortable presenting to C-suite
- Think clearly about complex problems, and comfortable using and speaking to data
- Are passionate about climate and eager to learn more about a space that is ever evolving
- Are excited to join a startup and are ready to take responsibility defining a new standard for climate programs around the world!
Considered a “nice to have” if you:
- Have a degree in climate related fields (e.g. climate science, sustainability, environmental engineering)
- Have experience in customer facing roles (e.g. sales, business development, consulting) and/ or in project management
- Are fluent in multiple languages (English, French, German or Spanish)
What's your approach to remote work?
Watershed is hiring team members on all US and EU time zones, and we're committed to growing a long-term distributed team. We have hub offices in San Francisco and London, and remote team members from Oregon to New Jersey to Ireland. There may be certain jobs that need to be in San Francisco / London or certain locations, and will be specifically noted in the job description or in conversations.
What are Watershed's return-to-office plans?
We reopened our San Francisco office in mid-June, and treasure the energy and collaboration that comes from working together in person. We're particularly lucky to have a great rooftop outdoor space, where we can gather for lunch, one-on-one's, and the occasional outdoor whiteboarding session. We're also investing deeply to support remote as a first-class hub, with regular Zoom social times, an emphasis on transparency and written artifacts, and periodic offsites to gather everybody in person.
We're a COVID-cautious company. The office is currently open to vaccinated team members, and we'll pay close attention to vaccination and case rates to ensure it's safe for everybody.
Do I need X years of experience, climate experience, etc.?
No, Watershed is hiring team members with a broad range of prior experience, and we'd love to talk with you regardless of yours. We prioritize mentorship on the job. There maybe certain jobs that will need X years of experience, and will be specifically noted in the job description.
What's the interview process like?
It starts the same for every candidate: getting to know the team members through 1 to 2 conversations about Watershed, your experience, and your interests. Next steps can very by role, but usual next steps are a skill or experience screen (e.g. a coding interview for an engineer, a portfolio review for a designer, deeper experience call for other roles) which leads to a (usually virtual) onsite interview after that if the screens go well. We prioritize transparency and lack of surprise throughout the process.