Watershed is a software platform for running a world-class climate program. We measure our success in the carbon reduction achievements of our customers. We are looking for team members who love product-building, want to work hard at a mission-oriented startup, and will collaborate with us in shaping the culture of a growing team.
We have offices in San Francisco, New York and London and remote team members across the US and Europe. We hope that you'll be interested in joining us!
The success of our customers depends on excellent design: Watershed is a power-tool for turning data into climate action and every detail matters. We are building software for businesses to understand their climate data, act on their insights, and communicate internally and externally about their progress.
You might be a fit if you:
- Have 5+ years experience designing enterprise b2b products from 0-1
- Have created excellent products that customers love, particularly products that tame complexity with the right balance of simplicity and power.
- Have a strong eye for visual polish.
- Are customer-obsessed and excited to spend time with users.
- Are an expert in some dimension of product design, visual design, or data visualization. With skill and familiarity across others.
- Are skilled in designing for the web. Hands-on engineering experience is great but not necessary.
- Are excited to go deep on climate and become an expert on the economy's paths forward. Prior experience in the climate space is not necessary.
- Want to join a startup, take responsibility for the fate of the company, and move fast.
- Design the first version of a tool to help users model the carbon reduction levers in their business.
- Design improvements to the analytics and reporting features to help users go deeper in understanding their companies' historical emissions.
- Crack the challenge of how to visualize climate data in an intelligible and motivating way. Implement those visual designs and give them to our customers to share on the web and as printed artifacts.
- Talk to users to decide on upcoming product direction based on their feedback ("should we build X or Y or neither?").
- Iterate on Watershed's public brand.
- Work with the rest of the team to set overall company direction, sales goals, and hiring goals.
What’s your approach to remote work?
Watershed is hiring team members on all US and EU time zones, and we’re committed to growing a long-term distributed team. We have hub offices in San Francisco, New York and London, and remote team members from Oregon to New Jersey to Ireland. There may be certain jobs that need to be in San Francisco / New York / London or certain locations, and will be specifically noted in the job description or in conversations.
What’s the interview process like?
It starts the same for every candidate: getting to know the team members through 1 to 2 conversations about Watershed, your experience, and your interests. Next steps can vary by role, but usual next steps are a skill or experience screen (e.g. a coding interview for an engineer, a portfolio review for a designer, deeper experience call for other roles) which leads to a virtual or in person interview panel after that if the screens go well. We prioritize transparency and lack of surprise throughout the process.