Watershed is a software platform for running a world-class climate program. We measure our success in the carbon reduction achievements of our customers. We are looking for team members who love product-building, want to work hard at a mission-oriented startup, and will collaborate with us in shaping the culture of a growing team.
We have offices in San Francisco and London and remote team members across the US and Europe. We hope that you'll be interested in joining us!
We're looking for a senior product manager to build both the product and the culture at Watershed.
- Shipped products that users rave about at scale
- Willing to become an "anthropologist" and work with users directly to build the right product
- Highly curious and always seek to understand new parts of a complex domain
- Extreme attention to detail, and a high bar for product excellence
- An entrepreneurial mindset: comfortable rolling up their sleeves, thriving in ambiguity, sets up and drive execution across teams, turns incomplete, conflicting, or early inputs into solid action plans
- Strong empathy and work experience with functions across the organization, especially engineering, data and design
- Comfort with analytics: sets product metrics, thinks about complex data problems, and has good data intuition
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
- Excitement to join a startup, take responsibility for the fate of the company, and move fast
- Interest in building the product team culture from the ground up while located in our San Francisco office.
What's your approach to remote work?
Watershed is hiring team members on all US and EU time zones, and we're committed to growing a long-term distributed team. We have hub offices in San Francisco and London, and remote team members from Oregon to New Jersey to Ireland. There may be certain jobs that need to be in San Francisco / London or certain locations, and will be specifically noted in the job description or in conversations.
What are Watershed's return-to-office plans?
We reopened our San Francisco office in mid-June, and treasure the energy and collaboration that comes from working together in person. We're particularly lucky to have a great rooftop outdoor space, where we can gather for lunch, one-on-one's, and the occasional outdoor whiteboarding session. We're also investing deeply to support remote as a first-class hub, with regular Zoom social times, an emphasis on transparency and written artifacts, and periodic offsites to gather everybody in person.
We're a COVID-cautious company. The office is currently open to vaccinated team members, and we'll pay close attention to vaccination and case rates to ensure it's safe for everybody.
Do I need X years of experience, climate experience, etc.?
No, Watershed is hiring team members with a broad range of prior experience, and we'd love to talk with you regardless of yours. We prioritize mentorship on the job. There maybe certain jobs that will need X years of experience, and will be specifically noted in the job description.
What's the interview process like?
It starts the same for every candidate: getting to know the team members through 1 to 2 conversations about Watershed, your experience, and your interests. Next steps can very by role, but usual next steps are a skill or experience screen (e.g. a coding interview for an engineer, a portfolio review for a designer, deeper experience call for other roles) which leads to a (usually virtual) onsite interview after that if the screens go well. We prioritize transparency and lack of surprise throughout the process.