Watershed is a software platform for running a world-class climate program. We measure our success in the carbon reduction achievements of our customers. We are looking for team members who love product-building, want to work hard at a mission-oriented startup, and will collaborate with us in shaping the culture of a growing team.
We have offices in San Francisco and London and remote team members across the US and Europe. We hope that you'll be interested in joining us!
We are looking for an amazing Executive Assistant to support two of our co-founders (President and CEO) for Watershed, a 70 person (and growing) climate software startup. This role requires inbox and calendar management, taking thoughts and organizing them into cohesive notes and action plans. You are incredibly organized and detail-oriented, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and have a proactive, do-what-it-takes mentality. You thrive in fast-paced environments, don’t mind wearing lots of different hats, and value the EA to executive relationships. You will work closely with our passionate and energetic leadership. We’re looking for a true partner to guide that team to be more successful and organized. This is an opportunity to join an early-stage high-performing team and ultimately define the career that you want.
Location: in our San Francisco office 4 days/week
- Strategically manage the execs’ dynamic, hectic calendars with precision and a discerning eye, and proactively align scheduling with priorities
- Screen and triage their email inbox and communicate on the their behalf
- Provide detailed task management, keep the execs accountable on action items, deadlines, and project status
- Monitor their to-do list, give ongoing reminders, and craft effective ways to stay organized
- Assist with organizing and documenting business processes and policies while they continue to evolve as the company expands
- Identify and implement new company-wide processes and systems
- Help with managing investor communications and relations, composing updates, and collecting additional information
- Help People ops in planning and executing team functions
- Run ad hoc projects and additional administrative tasks as requested
- 1-3+ years of work experience in a fast-paced work environment
- Demonstrated experience with extensive calendaring and organizing complex schedules
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal; comfortable crafting and sending communications to internal and external stakeholders
- Stellar time and priority management abilities - you can manage the details while looking at the bigger picture
- Sound judgment in making decisions on behalf of leaders and in handling sensitive topics/documentation
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment with little supervision
- Curiosity and critical thinking
- Startup ownership mentality - no job is too small, and you’ll do whatever it takes
What's your approach to remote work?
Watershed is hiring team members on all US and EU time zones, and we're committed to growing a long-term distributed team. We have hub offices in San Francisco and London, and remote team members from Oregon to New Jersey to Ireland. There may be certain jobs that need to be in San Francisco / London or certain locations, and will be specifically noted in the job description or in conversations.
What are Watershed's return-to-office plans?
We reopened our San Francisco office in mid-June, and treasure the energy and collaboration that comes from working together in person. We're particularly lucky to have a great rooftop outdoor space, where we can gather for lunch, one-on-one's, and the occasional outdoor whiteboarding session. We're also investing deeply to support remote as a first-class hub, with regular Zoom social times, an emphasis on transparency and written artifacts, and periodic offsites to gather everybody in person.
We're a COVID-cautious company. The office is currently open to vaccinated team members, and we'll pay close attention to vaccination and case rates to ensure it's safe for everybody.
Do I need X years of experience, climate experience, etc.?
No, Watershed is hiring team members with a broad range of prior experience, and we'd love to talk with you regardless of yours. We prioritize mentorship on the job. There maybe certain jobs that will need X years of experience, and will be specifically noted in the job description.
What's the interview process like?
It starts the same for every candidate: getting to know the team members through 1 to 2 conversations about Watershed, your experience, and your interests. Next steps can very by role, but usual next steps are a skill or experience screen (e.g. a coding interview for an engineer, a portfolio review for a designer, deeper experience call for other roles) which leads to a (usually virtual) onsite interview after that if the screens go well. We prioritize transparency and lack of surprise throughout the process.