Watershed is a software platform for running a world-class climate program. We measure our success in the carbon reduction achievements of our customers. We are looking for team members who love product-building, want to work hard at a mission-oriented startup, and will collaborate with us in shaping the culture of a growing team.
We have offices in San Francisco, New York and London and remote team members across the US and Europe. We hope that you'll be interested in joining us!
We’re looking for early sales hires to bring Watershed to more companies. We’re at an inflection point: every large company is launching a climate program as pressure for action builds every day. You’ll do whatever it takes to get those companies on Watershed and help them be effective. As a founding member of our go-to-market organization, you’ll help build the sales playbook, shape Watershed’s product and help us build a stellar team.
- Sell Watershed. Find your way to the right people at leading companies, educate them about effective climate programs, and help them succeed with Watershed. You’ll own the full lifecycle, from first outbound to contract signature.
- Develop the Watershed sales playbook—what’s the best messaging? how do we triangulate through the org? what tools do we need?—into a repeatable machine.
- Take Watershed into new market segments.
- Shape Watershed’s product strategy by sharing feedback from customers on the front line.
- Become an expert in climate, and educate companies on how they should navigate the world of carbon reduction targets, clean energy, carbon removal, and decarbonizing their supply chain.
- Help build the sales team.
You might be a fit if you:
- Have a track record of sales excellence, especially with strategic customers (10,000+ employees) at an executive level.
- Are excited to lead from zero to one. You love to build things from scratch—new playbooks for navigating organizations and ways to tell the Watershed story.
- Are an excellent consultative seller. You listen deeply to customers and excel by helping them solve their problem.
- Love going deep on new domains. You’ve sold products in complex or technical fields, and relish becoming an expert on your subject matter. You’re voraciously curious. You’re excited to learn everything about climate and help companies navigate this space.
- Are an exceptional communicator.
- Have a track record of doing whatever it takes to get things done. You’ve accomplished things that others thought were impossible. You’re relentlessly resourceful.
- Want to join a startup, take responsibility for the fate of the company, and move fast.
What’s your approach to remote work?
Watershed is hiring team members on all US and EU time zones, and we’re committed to growing a long-term distributed team. We have hub offices in San Francisco, New York and London, and remote team members from Oregon to New Jersey to Ireland. There may be certain jobs that need to be in San Francisco / New York / London or certain locations, and will be specifically noted in the job description or in conversations.
What are Watershed’s return-to-office plans?
We reopened our San Francisco office in June 2021, and treasure the energy and collaboration that comes from working together in person. We’re particularly lucky to have a great rooftop outdoor space, where we can gather for lunch, one-on-one’s, and the occasional outdoor whiteboarding session. We’re also investing deeply to support remote as a first-class hub, with regular Zoom social times, an emphasis on transparency and written artifacts, and periodic offsites to gather everybody in person.
We’re a COVID-cautious company. The office is open to vaccinated team members and we’ll continue to pay close attention to case rates to ensure it’s safe for everybody.
Do I need X years of experience, climate experience, etc.?
No, Watershed is hiring team members with a broad range of prior experience, and we’d love to talk with you regardless of yours. We prioritize mentorship on the job. There maybe certain jobs that will need X years of experience, and will be specifically noted in the job description.
What’s the interview process like?
It starts the same for every candidate: getting to know the team members through 1 to 2 conversations about Watershed, your experience, and your interests. Next steps can vary by role, but usual next steps are a skill or experience screen (e.g. a coding interview for an engineer, a portfolio review for a designer, deeper experience call for other roles) which leads to a (usually virtual) onsite interview after that if the screens go well. We prioritize transparency and lack of surprise throughout the process.