Watershed is a software platform for running a world-class climate program. We measure our success in the carbon reduction achievements of our customers. We are looking for team members who love product-building, want to work hard at a mission-oriented startup, and will collaborate with us in shaping the culture of a growing team.
We have offices in San Francisco and London and remote team members across the US and Europe. We hope that you'll be interested in joining us!
Watershed is on a mission to help companies measure, reduce, remove, and report their emissions. Our success is defined by the success of our customers — we’re looking to bring on founding members of our Customer Success team to help our customers successfully embark on their climate journeys.
Our Customer Success Managers (CSMs) own the relationship with our customers, helping them navigate the climate world and Watershed’s offerings. CSMs dive deep with customers to understand their business and how to best support them on their climate journeys — leveraging the power of Watershed’s broader teams to accomplish this.
- Be responsible for the end-to-end experience of our customers. You’ll be the primary point of contact with sustainability leaders — and will build trust with key stakeholders and Executives.
- Help customers understand and use the product to achieve business outcomes; you'll onboard them onto the dashboard, equip them to gather the information they need about their carbon footprint, and will help them set and achieve their climate plans.
- Serve as the voice of the customer and provide internal feedback on how we can better serve customers to maximize value and retention; you’ll in turn also help customers understand the value Watershed delivers to their business.
- Become deeply familiar with your customers’ businesses and climate — You'll educate your customers on the space and will help them hit milestones along their climate journey.
- Help customers understand and use Watershed’s carbon marketplace — integrating carbon removal into their climate plans.
You might be a fit if you:
- Love to build relationships. You ask the right questions to understand people’s underlying needs and can work with sales, product, and services teams to deliver on those.
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. You have experience working in enterprise level customer-facing work.
- Are extremely organised — you're able to balance many moving pieces across the various customers in your portfolio, and have a proven project management track record.
- Enjoy learning new things. You’re excited by the challenge of learning a new space.
- Are excited to join a startup and are ready to take responsibility for building a function from the ground up.
The role may include up to 10%+ travel.
What's your approach to remote work?
Watershed is hiring team members on all US and EU time zones, and we're committed to growing a long-term distributed team. We have hub offices in San Francisco and London, and remote team members from Oregon to New Jersey to Ireland. There may be certain jobs that need to be in San Francisco / London or certain locations, and will be specifically noted in the job description or in conversations.
What are Watershed's return-to-office plans?
We reopened our San Francisco office in mid-June, and treasure the energy and collaboration that comes from working together in person. We're particularly lucky to have a great rooftop outdoor space, where we can gather for lunch, one-on-one's, and the occasional outdoor whiteboarding session. We're also investing deeply to support remote as a first-class hub, with regular Zoom social times, an emphasis on transparency and written artifacts, and periodic offsites to gather everybody in person.
We're a COVID-cautious company. The office is currently open to vaccinated team members, and we'll pay close attention to vaccination and case rates to ensure it's safe for everybody.
Do I need X years of experience, climate experience, etc.?
No, Watershed is hiring team members with a broad range of prior experience, and we'd love to talk with you regardless of yours. We prioritize mentorship on the job. There maybe certain jobs that will need X years of experience, and will be specifically noted in the job description.
What's the interview process like?
It starts the same for every candidate: getting to know the team members through 1 to 2 conversations about Watershed, your experience, and your interests. Next steps can very by role, but usual next steps are a skill or experience screen (e.g. a coding interview for an engineer, a portfolio review for a designer, deeper experience call for other roles) which leads to a (usually virtual) onsite interview after that if the screens go well. We prioritize transparency and lack of surprise throughout the process.