Watershed is a software platform for running a world-class climate program. We measure our success in the carbon reduction achievements of our customers. We are looking for team members who love product-building, want to work hard at a mission-oriented startup, and will collaborate with us in shaping the culture of a growing team.
We have offices in San Francisco and London and remote team members across the US and Europe. We hope that you'll be interested in joining us!
As a founding member of the marketing team, you’ll be responsible for building, owning, and running a world-class Europe marketing function. Partnering closely with sales, you will define, develop, and manage marketing campaigns and programs with the goal of helping to accelerate our growth and revenue. We’re looking for an energetic marketer who thrives in a fast-paced environment, and is motivated to set and deliver on bold targets in a challenging and exciting market.
Our ideal candidate will be innovative, smart, and flexible — able to move easily from creating compelling positioning to making data-driven media decisions. Our audience is discerning, and the right person will have a high bar for creativity and execution, even if they’re not (yet!) experts on climate.
- Define and implement the marketing strategy for Watershed in Europe, from brand and positioning to demand generation and content.
- Be the voice for regional markets, working closely with the global marketing team to define and implement Watershed’s positioning in Europe and globally
- Create and implement industry-leading integrated campaigns to generate awareness, demand, and adoption of Watershed
- Define and drive our regional events, ABM, and customer engagement strategy to position Watershed as the leading enterprise climate solution
- Be accountable for regional lead generation and pipeline targets, with a data-driven approach to identifying gaps and addressing them early and often
- Collaborate closely with sales, global marketing, and customer support to deliver a cohesive and positive customer experience across every interaction
- Build and reinforce a culture of diversity, inclusion, and high performance
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Significant experience in Marketing, with at least 7+ years owning and driving measurable results
- Experience building and scaling regional teams, with a nuanced understanding of the differences in language, culture, and politics across the region
- A data-driven, performance-oriented approach to marketing, with experience running successful B2B demand gen and brand campaigns
- A customer-first mindset that translates into crisp, differentiated messaging & positioning; uniquely compelling events; and consistently stellar experiences across every touchpoint
- Experience in high-growth, fast-paced startup environments; especially in generating demand for B2B enterprise products
What’s your approach to remote work?
Watershed is hiring team members on all US and EU time zones, and we’re committed to growing a long-term distributed team. We have hub offices in San Francisco and London, and remote team members from Oregon to New Jersey to Ireland. There may be certain jobs that need to be in San Francisco / London or certain locations, and will be specifically noted in the job description or in conversations.
What are Watershed’s return-to-office plans?
We reopened our San Francisco office in June 2021, and treasure the energy and collaboration that comes from working together in person. We’re particularly lucky to have a great rooftop outdoor space, where we can gather for lunch, one-on-one’s, and the occasional outdoor whiteboarding session. We’re also investing deeply to support remote as a first-class hub, with regular Zoom social times, an emphasis on transparency and written artifacts, and periodic offsites to gather everybody in person.
We’re a COVID-cautious company. The office is open to vaccinated team members with regular testing, and we’ll continue to pay close attention to case rates to ensure it’s safe for everybody.
Do I need X years of experience, climate experience, etc.?
No, Watershed is hiring team members with a broad range of prior experience, and we’d love to talk with you regardless of yours. We prioritize mentorship on the job. There maybe certain jobs that will need X years of experience, and will be specifically noted in the job description.
What’s the interview process like?
It starts the same for every candidate: getting to know the team members through 1 to 2 conversations about Watershed, your experience, and your interests. Next steps can vary by role, but usual next steps are a skill or experience screen (e.g. a coding interview for an engineer, a portfolio review for a designer, deeper experience call for other roles) which leads to a (usually virtual) onsite interview after that if the screens go well. We prioritize transparency and lack of surprise throughout the process.