Watershed is a software platform for running a world-class climate program. We measure our success in the carbon reduction achievements of our customers. We are looking for team members who love product-building, want to work hard at a mission-oriented startup, and will collaborate with us in shaping the culture of a growing team.
We have offices in San Francisco, New York and London and remote team members across the US and Europe. We hope that you'll be interested in joining us!
Watershed is the world’s leading platform for enterprise climate impact. Our mission is to help remove the world’s CO2 from the atmosphere by giving companies the tools they need to measure, report, and act on their carbon emissions. We’re looking for team members who share our passion for making the world a better place for the next generation—and who aren’t afraid of a big, audacious challenge.
We have offices in San Francisco, New York, and London, and remote team members across the US and Europe. Come change the world with us!
As the first member of the marketing team to be based in Europe, you’ll play a crucial role in accelerating Watershed’s growth by creating and influencing new pipeline throughout Europe. Partnering closely with others in our go-to-market (GTM) organization, your mission will be to develop a cohesive field marketing strategy for engaging with our executive audiences and top accounts at enterprise companies, while aiding in the management and execution of our B2B cross-channel digital demand generation campaigns.
Our ideal candidate will be an experienced marketer with a deep knowledge of European markets, a proven track record of executing marketing activities mapped to sales segments, and a mindset focused on growth. They will be equally comfortable working autonomously to develop and execute an event strategy that engages executives, and managing our demand generation campaigns to drive leads across various paid and organic channels. This role combines field marketing and digital demand generation, so our ideal candidate will have deep experience in one or both of these areas and will be willing to tackle initiatives outside their comfort zone. They will roll up their sleeves to get the job done, be able to operate successfully in a fast-moving, ambiguous environment, and be energized by driving both short- and long-term growth.
- Develop and execute on our first- and third-party events by researching and vetting industry events, defining audience and content strategy, driving registration among our target segments, coordinating logistics, and owning follow-up campaigns.
- Engage C-Level audiences across digital campaigns and high-touch events with targeted, persona-based messaging and content.
- Collaborate closely with our sales team to engage the right accounts and contacts across marketing events, get our target audience(s) in the room with personalized outreach, engage open pipe with ancillary meetings, and follow up on new leads.
- Scale our digital demand generation and account-based marketing (ABM) tactics to effectively target decision makers at a defined list of top European accounts across a number of paid channels.
- Help formulate and scale Watershed’s search engine marketing (SEM) campaigns: create new and optimize existing campaigns, expand keyword sets, testing new bid strategies, running A/B tests to increase conversion rates.
- Develop short and long term measurement frameworks focused on assessing overall marketing performance. Monitor, analyze, and report on KPIs to ensure marketing initiatives are driving towards ultimate pipeline goals.
- Research, choose, and manage external vendors and agencies as needed.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years experience in B2B demand generation and/or field marketing, with proven success targeting executive decision-maker audiences, in European markets (including UKI)
- An understanding of and experience marketing to a B2B C-Suite or executive audience.
- A stellar record of generating, nurturing, and converting leads and contacts through multi-channel campaigns. Experience with search advertising along with extensive experience in Account Based Marketing (ABM) preferred.
- Deep understanding of the enterprise demand generation playbook, accompanied by a desire to get creative and experiment with new ideas, tactics, and opportunities.
- Experience in high-growth, fast-paced startup environments is a plus.
- Ability to translate complex marketing topics into for cross functional partners in a way that enables both teams to execute their goals.
What’s your approach to remote work?
Watershed is hiring team members on all US and EU time zones, and we’re committed to growing a long-term distributed team. We have hub offices in San Francisco, New York and London, and remote team members from Oregon to New Jersey to Ireland. There may be certain jobs that need to be in San Francisco / New York / London or certain locations, and will be specifically noted in the job description or in conversations.
What’s the interview process like?
It starts the same for every candidate: getting to know the team members through 1 to 2 conversations about Watershed, your experience, and your interests. Next steps can vary by role, but usual next steps are a skill or experience screen (e.g. a coding interview for an engineer, a portfolio review for a designer, deeper experience call for other roles) which leads to a virtual or in person interview panel after that if the screens go well. We prioritize transparency and lack of surprise throughout the process.