Watershed is a software platform for running a world-class climate program. We measure our success in the carbon reduction achievements of our customers. We are looking for team members who love product-building, want to work hard at a mission-oriented startup, and will collaborate with us in shaping the culture of a growing team.
We have offices in San Francisco and London and remote team members across the US and Europe. We hope that you'll be interested in joining us!
Your mission is simple: bring enterprise climate impact to global scale. As a founding member of our marketing team, you’ll be responsible for helping build, operationalize, and scale the operations of Watershed’s marketing function. You’ll partner closely with our Sales team to own the ins and outs of the marketing funnel, as we accelerate our work to decarbonize the economy by giving companies the tools they need to make real climate impact.
You’re likely a good fit for this role if you’re passionate about marketing technology, love systems and data, can toggle easily between execution details and big-picture strategy, and have a knack for efficiency and process backed by a global mindset. You’re fast but thorough, a creative problem-solver who isn’t afraid to test and iterate, and ideally have a passion for our mission (but no climate expertise required!).
- Be a strategic leader for the marketing team, helping architect and direct the team’s roadmap, goals, and planning cycles
- Own and scale marketing automation and the full suite of tools to support it, including selecting, implementing, and operating the full martech stack
- Work closely with Sales Ops to design and optimize lead and attribution models across the full sales and marketing funnel, and ensure seamless integration with our CRM and pipeline generation and nurture process
- Be the source of truth for all marketing metrics, helping the rest of Watershed understand marketing’s impact by creating dashboards, tracking our metrics, and reporting on the effectiveness of our programs
- Identify and enact opportunities to constantly increase our team’s efficiency, improve funnel performance, and scale your work across audiences, regions, and geographies
- Help build a diverse, ambitious, creative, and high-achieving Marketing team
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Significant experience in Marketing, with at least 5+ years owning and driving measurable results across multiple audiences and geographies as a Marketing Operations leader
- Built marketing operations and systems from scratch, including designing and implementing marketing funnels and attribution models, resulting in exceptional efficiency and scale
- Strong opinions about what constitutes a best-in-class marketing tech stack and deep experience with running it
- An expert understanding of the moving pieces of enterprise B2B go-to-market strategy
- A desire to get creative and experiment with new ideas, tactics, and opportunities that are deeply rooted in data
- Experience in high-growth, fast-paced startup environments; preferably while owning and scaling marketing operations for B2B enterprise products
What’s your approach to remote work?
Watershed is hiring team members on all US and EU time zones, and we’re committed to growing a long-term distributed team. We have hub offices in San Francisco and London, and remote team members from Oregon to New Jersey to Ireland. There may be certain jobs that need to be in San Francisco / London or certain locations, and will be specifically noted in the job description or in conversations.
What are Watershed’s return-to-office plans?
We reopened our San Francisco office in June 2021, and treasure the energy and collaboration that comes from working together in person. We’re particularly lucky to have a great rooftop outdoor space, where we can gather for lunch, one-on-one’s, and the occasional outdoor whiteboarding session. We’re also investing deeply to support remote as a first-class hub, with regular Zoom social times, an emphasis on transparency and written artifacts, and periodic offsites to gather everybody in person.
We’re a COVID-cautious company. The office is open to vaccinated team members with regular testing, and we’ll continue to pay close attention to case rates to ensure it’s safe for everybody.
Do I need X years of experience, climate experience, etc.?
No, Watershed is hiring team members with a broad range of prior experience, and we’d love to talk with you regardless of yours. We prioritize mentorship on the job. There maybe certain jobs that will need X years of experience, and will be specifically noted in the job description.
What’s the interview process like?
It starts the same for every candidate: getting to know the team members through 1 to 2 conversations about Watershed, your experience, and your interests. Next steps can vary by role, but usual next steps are a skill or experience screen (e.g. a coding interview for an engineer, a portfolio review for a designer, deeper experience call for other roles) which leads to a (usually virtual) onsite interview after that if the screens go well. We prioritize transparency and lack of surprise throughout the process.