Watershed is a software platform for running a world-class climate program. We measure our success in the carbon reduction achievements of our customers. We are looking for team members who love product-building, want to work hard at a mission-oriented startup, and will collaborate with us in shaping the culture of a growing team.
We have offices in San Francisco, New York and London and remote team members across the US and Europe. We hope that you'll be interested in joining us!
We are looking for a team member who is excited to do everything involved in shipping great products, including hands-on engineering, collaborating closely with product and design, talking with customers, mastering the climate domain, and setting direction for the company. You will be joining as an early member of the team that will shape everything that comes next at Watershed.
Watershed’s technical stack is the web frontend built with modern technologies including Typescript, React, GraphQL, Next.js, Material UI, and Storybook (but we’re early and excited to hear what else you think we should be using!). There’s no need to be a prior expert in our stack — it’s more important that you’re good at picking up technologies quickly. Our only requirement on past experience is that you have built things that users love.
What you could work on:
- Build new interactive data visualizations to help climate leads understand their company's emissions.
- Build and improve the tools that help companies find reduction opportunities, model future emissions under different scenarios, and track against climate targets.
- Improve end-to-end performance of the app to quickly load a company's entire carbon footprint and make slicing-and-dicing data fast in the browser
- Develop an opinionated component library and contribute to our UI platform, empowering the rest of the team to develop faster and more consistently across the product.
Ideal candidates will have:
- 5+ years industry experience
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- Preference for San Francisco or New York
Some traits that are important to our company culture: customer-obsessed, hard-working, inclusive, and optimistic. And we’re looking for owners, so we hope you’ll help us expand this list.
What’s your approach to remote work?
Watershed is hiring team members on all US and EU time zones, and we’re committed to growing a long-term distributed team. We have hub offices in San Francisco, New York and London, and remote team members from Oregon to New Jersey to Ireland. There may be certain jobs that need to be in San Francisco / New York / London or certain locations, and will be specifically noted in the job description or in conversations.
What’s the interview process like?
It starts the same for every candidate: getting to know the team members through 1 to 2 conversations about Watershed, your experience, and your interests. Next steps can vary by role, but usual next steps are a skill or experience screen (e.g. a coding interview for an engineer, a portfolio review for a designer, deeper experience call for other roles) which leads to a (usually virtual) onsite interview after that if the screens go well. We prioritize transparency and lack of surprise throughout the process.