Watershed is a software platform for running a world-class climate program. We measure our success in the carbon reduction achievements of our customers. We are looking for team members who love product-building, want to work hard at a mission-oriented startup, and will collaborate with us in shaping the culture of a growing team.
We have offices in San Francisco, New York and London and remote team members across the US and Europe. We hope that you'll be interested in joining us!
Watershed is launching its product, design, and engineering team in London and looking for the first product manager to help lead the effort. You will join a small but rapidly growing founding team covering all the functional areas from go to market to climate experts to engineering to help us find product market fit in the UK and Europe, define the product culture, and help set the product direction.
Product Managers are the glue that unites all aspects of a product under a single, cohesive vision and execution plan. They are passionate and entrepreneurial, and they are accountable for delivering results.
We're looking for a senior product manager with the following attributes:
- Shipped products that users rave about at scale
- Willing to become an "anthropologist" and work with users directly to build the right product
- Highly curious and always seek to understand new parts of a complex domain
- Extreme attention to detail, and a high bar for product excellence
- An entrepreneurial mindset: comfortable rolling up their sleeves, thriving in ambiguity, sets up and drive execution across teams, turns incomplete, conflicting, or early inputs into solid action plans
- Strong empathy and work experience with functions across the organization, especially engineering, data and design
- Comfort with analytics: sets product metrics, thinks about complex data problems, and has good data intuition
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
- Excitement to join a startup, take responsibility for the fate of the company, and move fast
- Interest in building the product team culture from the ground up!
- We operate in a hybrid work model: expectation would be 3-4x a week in office, to help build the EPD London team culture!
What’s your approach to remote work?
Watershed is hiring team members on all US and EU time zones, and we’re committed to growing a long-term distributed team. We have hub offices in San Francisco, New York and London, and remote team members from Oregon to New Jersey to Ireland. There may be certain jobs that need to be in San Francisco / New York / London or certain locations, and will be specifically noted in the job description or in conversations.
What’s the interview process like?
It starts the same for every candidate: getting to know the team members through 1 to 2 conversations about Watershed, your experience, and your interests. Next steps can vary by role, but usual next steps are a skill or experience screen (e.g. a coding interview for an engineer, a portfolio review for a designer, deeper experience call for other roles) which leads to a (usually virtual) onsite interview after that if the screens go well. We prioritize transparency and lack of surprise throughout the process.