Watershed is a software platform for running a world-class climate program. We measure our success in the carbon reduction achievements of our customers. We are looking for team members who love product-building, want to work hard at a mission-oriented startup, and will collaborate with us in shaping the culture of a growing team.
We have offices in San Francisco and London and remote team members across the US and Europe. We hope that you'll be interested in joining us!
As an early member of our marketing team, you’ll play a crucial role in bringing the Watershed brand to life, delighting our audiences with thoughtful assets, and amplifying that work across the globe. Partnering closely with various teams across Watershed, you’ll produce a high volume of high-quality, compelling content (from e-books and blog posts to infographics and email copy) to help us educate, inspire, and guide our audiences as we accelerate our work to decarbonize the economy.
Our ideal candidate will be an experienced content marketer with exceptional writing and editing skills and a special knack for balancing strategic thinking with lightning-fast execution. You excel at organization and prioritization, with a high bar for content quality and a data-driven approach to distribution strategy. You’re comfortable in fast-moving, scrappy environments, accustomed to partnering closely with demand gen teams, and energized by diving into new topics even if you’re not a climate expert (yet!).
- Develop, own, and evolve a content strategy to drive awareness, consideration, and demand among prospects and customers across target geos and industries
- Create and manage a content marketing calendar that includes strategic distribution plans and performance metrics for each asset
- Research, outline, and write thoughtful and high-quality materials that fuel marketing campaigns and global launches, including (but not limited to!) ebooks, webinars, webpages, blog posts, ads, and emails
- Own and curate the Watershed blog, defining the strategy, cadence, process, and execution for how and what gets published
- Be a steward for our brand voice, helping it evolve and scale across channels
- Help build a diverse, creative, and high-achieving Marketing team
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A strong background and 5+ years of experience in content marketing, preferably for a B2B company in a high-growth environment
- Demonstrable experience owning and executing on a content strategy, tracking performance, and achieving high-impact results
- Robust examples of distilling complex topics into easily digestible, compelling assets
- Excellent grammar, writing, proofreading, and editorial skills—include your work so we can see what you've accomplished!
- The ability to thrive in a high-volume and fast-paced environment
What’s your approach to remote work?
Watershed is hiring team members on all US and EU time zones, and we’re committed to growing a long-term distributed team. We have hub offices in San Francisco and London, and remote team members from Oregon to New Jersey to Ireland. There may be certain jobs that need to be in San Francisco / London or certain locations, and will be specifically noted in the job description or in conversations.
What are Watershed’s return-to-office plans?
We reopened our San Francisco office in June 2021, and treasure the energy and collaboration that comes from working together in person. We’re particularly lucky to have a great rooftop outdoor space, where we can gather for lunch, one-on-one’s, and the occasional outdoor whiteboarding session. We’re also investing deeply to support remote as a first-class hub, with regular Zoom social times, an emphasis on transparency and written artifacts, and periodic offsites to gather everybody in person.
We’re a COVID-cautious company. The office is open to vaccinated team members with regular testing, and we’ll continue to pay close attention to case rates to ensure it’s safe for everybody.
Do I need X years of experience, climate experience, etc.?
No, Watershed is hiring team members with a broad range of prior experience, and we’d love to talk with you regardless of yours. We prioritize mentorship on the job. There maybe certain jobs that will need X years of experience, and will be specifically noted in the job description.
What’s the interview process like?
It starts the same for every candidate: getting to know the team members through 1 to 2 conversations about Watershed, your experience, and your interests. Next steps can vary by role, but usual next steps are a skill or experience screen (e.g. a coding interview for an engineer, a portfolio review for a designer, deeper experience call for other roles) which leads to a (usually virtual) onsite interview after that if the screens go well. We prioritize transparency and lack of surprise throughout the process.