Watershed is a software platform for running a world-class climate program. We measure our success in the carbon reduction achievements of our customers. We are looking for team members who love product-building, want to work hard at a mission-oriented startup, and will collaborate with us in shaping the culture of a growing team.
We have offices in San Francisco and London and remote team members across the US and Europe. We hope that you'll be interested in joining us!
We're looking for foundational members of our new Solutions consulting team . You are excited to help our customers navigate a complex and rapidly changing ecosystem of corporate climate excellence. You’re willing to roll your sleeves up and go deep with prospective customers on their functional and technical needs, partnering with our sales, product and climate science teams along the way. You may be a carbon accounting aficionado or you may have never worked in climate before, but either way: you have a knack for learning new, complex topics and distilling them for others.
You will be responsible for:
- Partnering closely with Account Executives to analyze and understand customers’ businesses, climate ambitions and software needs
- Becoming a trusted advisor to our prospective customers—educating them about corporate climate commitments, carbon accounting, regulation/policy and the Watershed offering
- Building a new Solutions Consulting function in tight collaboration with post-contract, product and sales teams
- Demonstrating Watershed’s unique value to prospective customers, through product demonstrations, ROI analysis and customer stories
- Scoping complex customer engagements as Watershed expands to new industries
- Interfacing with Customer Success and Climate Advisory teams to ensure smooth handovers from pre- to post-contract
- Collaborating with Watershed’s Engineering, Product and Marketing teams to continuously improve Watershed’s products and positioning
You might be a fit if you:
- Have experience in a solutions consulting or sales engineering for an Enterprise SaaS company
- Master new concepts and technologies quickly
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills; can engage deeply with both technical and executive audiences
- Get energy from working across multiple projects concurrently and wearing many hats
- Are passionate about decarbonizing diverse industries, from aviation to apparel to cloud computing
- Are excited to join a startup and are ready to take responsibility defining a new standard for climate programs around the world!
Considered a “nice to have” if you:
- Have a background in corporate climate programs or carbon accounting
- Have policy experience, especially in climate/sustainability/corporate reporting
The role may include up to 10%+ travel.
What’s your approach to remote work?
Watershed is hiring team members on all US and EU time zones, and we’re committed to growing a long-term distributed team. We have hub offices in San Francisco and London, and remote team members from Oregon to New Jersey to Ireland. There may be certain jobs that need to be in San Francisco / London or certain locations, and will be specifically noted in the job description or in conversations.
What are Watershed’s return-to-office plans?
We reopened our San Francisco office in June 2021, and treasure the energy and collaboration that comes from working together in person. We’re particularly lucky to have a great rooftop outdoor space, where we can gather for lunch, one-on-one’s, and the occasional outdoor whiteboarding session. We’re also investing deeply to support remote as a first-class hub, with regular Zoom social times, an emphasis on transparency and written artifacts, and periodic offsites to gather everybody in person.
We’re a COVID-cautious company. The office is open to vaccinated team members with regular testing, and we’ll continue to pay close attention to case rates to ensure it’s safe for everybody.
Do I need X years of experience, climate experience, etc.?
No, Watershed is hiring team members with a broad range of prior experience, and we’d love to talk with you regardless of yours. We prioritize mentorship on the job. There maybe certain jobs that will need X years of experience, and will be specifically noted in the job description.
What’s the interview process like?
It starts the same for every candidate: getting to know the team members through 1 to 2 conversations about Watershed, your experience, and your interests. Next steps can vary by role, but usual next steps are a skill or experience screen (e.g. a coding interview for an engineer, a portfolio review for a designer, deeper experience call for other roles) which leads to a (usually virtual) onsite interview after that if the screens go well. We prioritize transparency and lack of surprise throughout the process.