Watershed is a software platform for running a world-class climate program. We measure our success in the carbon reduction achievements of our customers. We are looking for team members who love product-building, want to work hard at a mission-oriented startup, and will collaborate with us in shaping the culture of a growing team.
We have offices in San Francisco, New York and London and remote team members across the US and Europe. We hope that you'll be interested in joining us!
We’re looking for a social media expert with a background in climate, who loves to tell compelling stories and wants to help us build our brand. Our ideal candidate will be a proactive do-er, a deft and fluent copywriter with exceptional judgment, and will have a deep-seated passion for our mission alongside a wellspring of climate knowledge and expertise.
As a member of our marketing team, you’ll play a crucial role in elevating and expanding our brand across social media by increasing our activity and followers, creatively and tastefully sharing content, contributing to climate conversations, and supporting and amplifying the achievements of our customers and partners. Though you’ll collaborate with folks across Watershed, you’ll be responsible for end-to-end ownership of the strategy, ideation, and execution that brings this all to life.
- Craft and run creative, relevant, and high-quality social campaigns that cultivate awareness & growth for the Watershed brand
- Proactively identify and execute on opportunities to engage with a wide range of voices across the climate landscape, including media, influencers, scientists, customers, partners, and more
- Be an active and thoughtful representative of the Watershed brand, culture, and team
- Help design and implement social strategies for product launches, content distribution, brand amplification, and more
- Scale and document your work by designing resources, templates, and playbooks
- Monitor and report on our social media growth metrics, including followers, reach, sentiment, and engagement
We’re looking for someone who has:
- An expert understanding of social media and strong opinions about the best ways to use each platform (Twitter and LinkedIn expertise required)
- Full-time social media management experience, ideally including in a B2B environment
- Demonstrable knowledge of climate change and the climate industry, whether through academia, journalism, professional experience, and/or comparable volunteer/personal experience
- Exceptional writing, editing, and communication skills
- Outstanding judgment and taste
- A bias toward action and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working collaboratively, with a growth mindset and openness to feedback
What’s your approach to remote work?
Watershed is hiring team members on all US and EU time zones, and we’re committed to growing a long-term distributed team. We have hub offices in San Francisco, New York and London, and remote team members from Oregon to New Jersey to Ireland. There may be certain jobs that need to be in San Francisco / New York / London or certain locations, and will be specifically noted in the job description or in conversations.
What are Watershed’s return-to-office plans?
We reopened our San Francisco office in June 2021, and treasure the energy and collaboration that comes from working together in person. We’re particularly lucky to have a great rooftop outdoor space, where we can gather for lunch, one-on-one’s, and the occasional outdoor whiteboarding session. We’re also investing deeply to support remote as a first-class hub, with regular Zoom social times, an emphasis on transparency and written artifacts, and periodic offsites to gather everybody in person.
We’re a COVID-cautious company. The office is open to vaccinated team members and we’ll continue to pay close attention to case rates to ensure it’s safe for everybody.
Do I need X years of experience, climate experience, etc.?
No, Watershed is hiring team members with a broad range of prior experience, and we’d love to talk with you regardless of yours. We prioritize mentorship on the job. There maybe certain jobs that will need X years of experience, and will be specifically noted in the job description.
What’s the interview process like?
It starts the same for every candidate: getting to know the team members through 1 to 2 conversations about Watershed, your experience, and your interests. Next steps can vary by role, but usual next steps are a skill or experience screen (e.g. a coding interview for an engineer, a portfolio review for a designer, deeper experience call for other roles) which leads to a (usually virtual) onsite interview after that if the screens go well. We prioritize transparency and lack of surprise throughout the process.