Watershed is a software platform for running a world-class climate program. We measure our success in the carbon reduction achievements of our customers. We are looking for team members who love product-building, want to work hard at a mission-oriented startup, and will collaborate with us in shaping the culture of a growing team.
We have offices in San Francisco, New York and London and remote team members across the US and Europe. We hope that you'll be interested in joining us!
Watershed is hiring an experienced manager for our Customer Success team! The team empowers our enterprise customers to measure, report and act with our climate platform at the core. This team has scaled up over the last 9 months globally and is looking for a leader who cares deeply about developing, coaching, and supporting an experienced team of CSMs.
You and your team will help build the customer success function from the ground up. You’ll be the voice for your team and for customers within the organization. You’ll work closely with product, sales and climate advisory teams in a new and evolving space to drive real impact towards customer’s climate goals.
As one of the early managers in a fast growing company, you’re setting culture for both your team and Watershed as a whole. You, along with the rest of Watershed’s leadership and people teams, are responsible for building a diverse, inclusive, and hard-working organization. The CSM team is primarily based in California and NYC, and we’re looking for a manager based in San Francisco.
- Hire, develop and coach a team of customer success managers
- Develop and help drive team to achieve key metrics, including customer satisfaction and retention
- Guide and support your team in managing their customers throughout their lifecycle, taking an active role in helping them drive engagement with Watershed’s products and services
- Partner with your team to regularly engage with our customers and support their lifecycle with Watershed
- Collaborate with our product teams and be the voice of the customer, providing regular and actionable customer feedback
- Develop and implement processes and tools that help the CS function scale and effectively support customers
- Be a representative of the CS function within our San Francisco headquarters
- A background leading customer success teams in an Enterprise SaaS space
- A passion for people development and coaching
- Great examples of working cross functionally to build products for customers
- Experience developing metrics and processes in early stage/ high growth companies that drive towards operational excellence
The role may include up to 25%+ travel.
What’s your approach to remote work?
Watershed is hiring team members on all US and EU time zones, and we’re committed to growing a long-term distributed team. We have hub offices in San Francisco, New York and London, and remote team members from Oregon to New Jersey to Ireland. There may be certain jobs that need to be in San Francisco / New York / London or certain locations, and will be specifically noted in the job description or in conversations.
What’s the interview process like?
It starts the same for every candidate: getting to know the team members through 1 to 2 conversations about Watershed, your experience, and your interests. Next steps can vary by role, but usual next steps are a skill or experience screen (e.g. a coding interview for an engineer, a portfolio review for a designer, deeper experience call for other roles) which leads to a (usually virtual) onsite interview after that if the screens go well. We prioritize transparency and lack of surprise throughout the process.