Watershed is a software platform for running a world-class climate program. We measure our success in the carbon reduction achievements of our customers. We are looking for team members who love product-building, want to work hard at a mission-oriented startup, and will collaborate with us in shaping the culture of a growing team.
We have offices in San Francisco, New York and London and remote team members across the US and Europe. We hope that you'll be interested in joining us!
Watershed is the world’s leading platform for enterprise climate impact. Our mission is to help remove the world’s CO2 from the atmosphere by giving companies the tools they need to measure, report, and act on their carbon emissions. We’re looking for team members who share our passion for making the world a better place for the next generation—and who aren’t afraid of a big, audacious challenge.
We have offices in San Francisco, New York, and London, and remote team members across the US and Europe. Come change the world with us!
As the second member of the growth marketing team, you’ll play a crucial role in accelerating Watershed’s growth by driving incremental pipeline development while simultaneously working to improve our marketing infrastructure. Partnering closely with our sales, engineering, and revenue operations teams, your mission will be to develop a high quality pipeline via search engine marketing (SEM) campaigns while simultaneously improving the technical infrastructure the marketing team requires in order to be successful.
Our ideal candidate will be an experienced growth marketer with exceptional project management skills and a mind tilted towards experimentation and analytics. They will be comfortable working autonomously to develop and execute channel specific roadmaps, while simultaneously establishing aggressive goals focused on improving our paid conversion rates via a blend of improved reporting and A/B testing. They will be able to operate successfully in a fast-moving, ambiguous environment, and be energized by driving both short and long term growth.
- Help formulate and scale Watershed’s search engine marketing (SEM) campaigns: create new and optimize existing campaigns, expand keyword sets, testing new bid strategies, running A/B tests to increase conversion rates.
- Partner with engineering teams to monitor and improve overall site conversion rates and when necessary develop and optimize growth specific landing pages.
- Help define and implement the systems we need to track, measure and deliver Marketing campaigns using tools such SuperMetrics, Google Analytics and Google Data Studio.
- Develop short and long term measurement frameworks focused on assessing overall marketing performance.
- Monitor, analyze, and report on KPIs to ensure marketing initiatives are driving profitable acquisition.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in growth marketing, with an emphasis on search advertising across Google and Microsoft Ads.
- Experience with demand generation and developing reporting frameworks - preferably for a B2B company in a high-growth environment.
- Strong opinions on how to develop a marketing reporting framework, including ability to track campaigns successfully up and down funnel using a variety of attribution models.
- Significant experience with A/B testing, including building the technical solutions, reporting infrastructure, and testing cadence to run split tests at scale.
- Ability to translate complex marketing topics into for cross functional partners in a way that enables both teams to execute their goals.
This position can be in our SF or NYC offices, or remote in the US
What’s your approach to remote work?
Watershed is hiring team members on all US and EU time zones, and we’re committed to growing a long-term distributed team. We have hub offices in San Francisco, New York and London, and remote team members from Oregon to New Jersey to Ireland. There may be certain jobs that need to be in San Francisco / New York / London or certain locations, and will be specifically noted in the job description or in conversations.
What’s the interview process like?
It starts the same for every candidate: getting to know the team members through 1 to 2 conversations about Watershed, your experience, and your interests. Next steps can vary by role, but usual next steps are a skill or experience screen (e.g. a coding interview for an engineer, a portfolio review for a designer, deeper experience call for other roles) which leads to a (usually virtual) onsite interview after that if the screens go well. We prioritize transparency and lack of surprise throughout the process.