Watershed is a software platform for running a world-class climate program. We measure our success in the carbon reduction achievements of our customers. We are looking for team members who love product-building, want to work hard at a mission-oriented startup, and will collaborate with us in shaping the culture of a growing team.
We have offices in San Francisco, New York and London and remote team members across the US and Europe. We hope that you'll be interested in joining us!
As our first dedicated event marketer, you’ll be tasked with designing, producing, and reporting on outstanding experiences that help drive leads, accelerate open opportunities, and elevate and expand our brand. Partnering closely with teams across Watershed––from sales to partnerships, customer success to leadership, and more––you’ll support our revenue goals, brand plays, and go-to-market motions by delivering exceptional events that delight our audiences, meaningfully accelerate demand, and advance the climate conversation.
Our ideal candidate will be a seasoned, creative, and organized marketer with a proven track record of executing best-in-class experiences, from tentpole brand moments to scalable field events. You’ll be someone who loves rolling up their sleeves to get the job done, and is equally comfortable––and excited––to go venue hunting, outline a project plan, brainstorm roundtable topics, or analyze performance metrics. You don’t need to be a climate expert (yet!), but passion for our mission is a big plus.
- Achitect and drive Watershed’s event strategy in order to build our brand, generate pipe with enterprise prospects, influence opportunities, and retain customers
- Plan, manage, and execute first- and third-party event activations from end-to-end, from strategic concepting to detailed logistics to post-event reporting, and much more
- Collaborate closely with the sales team to identify invitees, track leads, set up meetings during and around events, and design a promotion strategy
- Write clear and compelling event communications, including for invites, sales team outreach, and landing pages
- Manage budgets, resources, and external vendors and agencies
- Research events and sponsorship opportunities based on objectives, target audiences, and industries, and make proactive recommendations for adjustments to our strategy
- Enable the events program to scale by creating and distributing resources such as templates and playbooks
- Regularly evaluate event outcomes and successes, share learnings, and optimize and adjust plans based on those learnings
In any given month, the types of projects you’ll work on may include:
- Field marketing events, like executive events, webinars, or activations at industry conferences
- Tentpole brand events, like virtual and in-person Watershed-produced conferences
- Event measurement and reporting, including setting targets for key event metrics, tracking & monitoring performance, and sharing pre- and post-event reports
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 4-6 years of marketing experience, with at least 3+ years of that in B2B event marketing
- Superb event management, prioritization, and project management skills
- Proven experience successfully owning and executing on a wide range of event types
- A data-driven mindset and know-how to set, drive, and regularly report on event performance metrics
- Working knowledge of a CRM platform, such as Salesforce
- A collaborative spirit and excellent stakeholder management skills
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Outstanding writing and communication skills
- Comfort with fast-paced, scrappy environments, with a bias towards being proactive and self-directed
The anticipated salary range is in addition to a total rewards benefit package including equity, health/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), unlimited paid time off, paid parental leave, fertility, and mental health programs etc.
Where does Watershed work?
We have hub offices in San Francisco, New York and London, and some remote team members in the US and EU. Most of our jobs need to be in San Francisco / New York / London, but certain jobs are open to being remote and will be specifically noted on the jobs page and in the job description.
What’s the interview process like?
It starts the same for every candidate: getting to know the team members through 1 to 2 conversations about Watershed, your experience, and your interests. Next steps can vary by role, but usual next steps are a skill or experience screen (e.g. a coding interview for an engineer, a portfolio review for a designer, deeper experience call for other roles) which leads to a virtual or in person interview panel after that if the screens go well. We prioritize transparency and lack of surprise throughout the process.