Watershed is a software platform for running a world-class climate program. We measure our success in the carbon reduction achievements of our customers. We are looking for team members who love product-building, want to work hard at a mission-oriented startup, and will collaborate with us in shaping the culture of a growing team.
We have offices in San Francisco, New York and London and remote team members across the US and Europe. We hope that you'll be interested in joining us!
Watershed is on a mission to help companies measure, reduce, remove, and report their emissions. Our success is defined by the success of our customers — we’re looking to bring on the founding member of our Implementation Engineering team in San Francisco or New York to help our customers successfully embark on their climate journeys with Watershed.
Our Implementation Engineers guide our customers through a critical step in their journey with Watershed to design and execute on the best technical solution for integrating with Watershed to meet their specific business needs. They serve as the primary technical contact post-sales playing a crucial role in establishing a post-sale relationship, guiding new customers through unfamiliar territory and making certain that our customers succeed.
- Serve as the primary technical partner for our Customer Success team
- Understand customer requirements and communicate the technical and business value of solving customer needs using Watershed’s product features
- Consult with customers to design and execute on the best solution for their specific business, serving as the primary technical contact post-sales
- Be the expert in the various paths to integrating our customers’ databases with Watershed, navigating between pre-built integration functionality, our APIs, and manual data ingestion workflows
- Work closely with our product and engineering team to build and maintain an excellent data ingestion workflow for our largest customers, as well as to surface areas of friction and potential improvement
- Help surface and implement new ideas, such as improving our technical documentation or designing new demo functionality for our third party integrations
- Work closely with our Sales and Onboarding teams, including our Support team, to provide effective and efficient technical support throughout the customer lifecycle
- Create sample API integrations or example code to demonstrate the capabilities of our systems and create easier jumping off points for our customers
You might be a fit if you:
- Have 5+ years of experience in implementation engineering, solutions engineering, or integration engineering (ideally in a post-sales role)
- Have experience working with enterprise and strategic customers to successfully adopt complex, data-oriented SaaS products
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Are proficient with REST APIs, cURL, SQL, databases, architecture diagrams. Background in CS/programming a plus
- Have the ability to communicate technical topics to non-technical stakeholders
- Are willing to learn and onboard quickly to climate-specific concepts
- Are excited to join a startup and are ready to take responsibility for building a function from the ground up
The role may include up to 10%+ travel.
Where does Watershed work?
We have hub offices in San Francisco, New York and London, and some remote team members in the US and EU. Most of our jobs need to be in San Francisco / New York / London, but certain jobs are open to being remote and will be specifically noted on the jobs page and in the job description.
What’s the interview process like?
It starts the same for every candidate: getting to know the team members through 1 to 2 conversations about Watershed, your experience, and your interests. Next steps can vary by role, but usual next steps are a skill or experience screen (e.g. a coding interview for an engineer, a portfolio review for a designer, deeper experience call for other roles) which leads to a virtual or in person interview panel after that if the screens go well. We prioritize transparency and lack of surprise throughout the process.