Watershed is a software platform for running a world-class climate program. We measure our success in the carbon reduction achievements of our customers. We are looking for team members who love product-building, want to work hard at a mission-oriented startup, and will collaborate with us in shaping the culture of a growing team.
We have offices in San Francisco, New York and London and remote team members across the US and Europe. We hope that you'll be interested in joining us!
We’re looking for our founding strategic seller in Germany to bring Watershed to more companies in the DACH market. We’re at an inflection point: every large company is launching a climate program as pressure for action builds every day. You’ll do whatever it takes to get those companies on Watershed and help them be effective. As a member of our go-to-market organisation, you’ll help build the sales playbook, shape Watershed’s product and help us build a stellar team.
- Sell Watershed. Find your way to the right people at leading lighthouse logos within FTSE/DAX/CAC 40 companies, educate them about effective climate programs, and help them succeed with Watershed. You’ll own the full lifecycle, from first outbound to contract signature.
- Take Watershed into DACH, a new market for Watershed, as well as new verticals.
- Bespoke the Watershed sales playbook for winning lighthouse logos in region —what’s the best messaging? How do we triangulate through the org? What tools do we need?—into a repeatable machine.
- Shape Watershed’s product strategy by sharing feedback from customers on the front line.
- Become an expert in climate, and educate companies on how they should navigate the world of carbon reduction targets, clean energy, carbon removal, and decarbonising their supply chain.
- Help build the sales team.
To be successful in this role:
- 10+ years of relevant sales quota carrying experience in a SaaS organization.
- Proven success in growing and working within the DACH market, especially with strategic customers (10,000+ employees) at an executive level.
- Bilingual skills - Native German and English proficiency is required, and any other European language is a plus.
- Have experience prospecting new business in a completely new territory.
- Are excited to lead from zero to one and are a self-starter. You love to build things from scratch—new playbooks for navigating organizations and ways to tell the Watershed story.
- Are an exceptional communicator and consultative seller. You listen deeply to customers and excel by helping them solve their problems.
- Love going deep on new domains. You’ve sold products in complex or technical fields, and relish becoming an expert on your subject matter. You’re voraciously curious. You’re excited to learn everything about climate and help companies navigate this space.
- Have a track record of doing whatever it takes to get things done. You’ve accomplished things that others thought were impossible. You’re relentlessly resourceful.
- Want to join a startup, take responsibility for the fate of the company, and move fast.
Where does Watershed work?
We have hub offices in San Francisco, New York and London, and some remote team members in the US and EU. Most of our jobs need to be in San Francisco / New York / London, but certain jobs are open to being remote and will be specifically noted on the jobs page and in the job description.
What’s the interview process like?
It starts the same for every candidate: getting to know the team members through 1 to 2 conversations about Watershed, your experience, and your interests. Next steps can vary by role, but usual next steps are a skill or experience screen (e.g. a coding interview for an engineer, a portfolio review for a designer, deeper experience call for other roles) which leads to a virtual or in person interview panel after that if the screens go well. We prioritize transparency and lack of surprise throughout the process.