Watershed is a software platform for running a world-class climate program. We measure our success in the carbon reduction achievements of our customers. We are looking for team members who love product-building, want to work hard at a mission-oriented startup, and will collaborate with us in shaping the culture of a growing team.
We have offices in San Francisco, New York and London and remote team members across the US and Europe. We hope that you'll be interested in joining us!
We’re looking for early sales hires to bring Watershed to more companies. We’re at an inflection point: every large company is launching a climate program as pressure for action builds every day. You’ll do whatever it takes to get those companies on Watershed and help them be effective. As a founding member of our go-to-market organization, you’ll help build the sales playbook, shape Watershed’s product and help us build a stellar team.
- Sell Watershed. Find your way to the right people at leading companies, educate them about effective climate programs, and help them succeed with Watershed. You’ll own the full lifecycle, from first outbound to contract signature.
- Develop the Watershed sales playbook—what’s the best messaging? how do we triangulate through the org? what tools do we need?—into a repeatable machine.
- Take Watershed into new market segments.
- Shape Watershed’s product strategy by sharing feedback from customers on the front line.
- Become an expert in climate, and educate companies on how they should navigate the world of carbon reduction targets, clean energy, carbon removal, and decarbonizing their supply chain.
- Help build the sales team.
You might be a fit if you:
- Have a track record of sales excellence, especially with enterprise customers (5,000+ employees) at an executive level
- 2-3+ years of demonstrated success selling 100k-500K deals
- Are excited to lead from zero to one. You love to build things from scratch—new playbooks for navigating organizations and ways to tell the Watershed story.
- Are an excellent consultative seller. You listen deeply to customers and excel by helping them solve their problem.
- Love going deep on new domains. You’ve sold products in complex or technical fields, and relish becoming an expert on your subject matter. You’re voraciously curious. You’re excited to learn everything about climate and help companies navigate this space.
- Have a track record of doing whatever it takes to get things done. You’ve accomplished things that others thought were impossible. You’re relentlessly resourceful.
- Want to join a startup, take responsibility for the fate of the company, and move fast.
The anticipated on target earnings is inclusive of base salary + variable commission. Commission at Watershed is uncapped and includes tiers of acceleration with no deceleration in the plans. We offer a non-recoverable draw and ramp quota schedule during a new hire’s onboarding period. The provided compensation detail is in addition to a total rewards benefits package including equity, health/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), unlimited paid time off, paid parental leave (includes variable compensation during leave), fertility, and mental health programs etc.
Where does Watershed work?
We have hub offices in San Francisco, New York and London, and some remote team members in the US and EU. Most of our jobs need to be in San Francisco / New York / London, but certain jobs are open to being remote and will be specifically noted on the jobs page and in the job description.
What’s the interview process like?
It starts the same for every candidate: getting to know the team members through 1 to 2 conversations about Watershed, your experience, and your interests. Next steps can vary by role, but usual next steps are a skill or experience screen (e.g. a coding interview for an engineer, a portfolio review for a designer, deeper experience call for other roles) which leads to a virtual or in person interview panel after that if the screens go well. We prioritize transparency and lack of surprise throughout the process.