Watershed is a software platform for running a world-class climate program. We measure our success in the carbon reduction achievements of our customers. We are looking for team members who love product-building, want to work hard at a mission-oriented startup, and will collaborate with us in shaping the culture of a growing team.
We have offices in San Francisco, New York and London and remote team members across the US and Europe. We hope that you'll be interested in joining us!
We are scaling our Partnerships team and looking for an experienced, creative and passionate person to expand our ecosystem and product partnerships, alliances and go-to-market channels across Watershed. We’re at a high-growth, early stage phase so your role will be end-to-end in understanding our biggest partnership opportunities, sourcing and designing the partnerships and managing the partnerships over their lifecycle including thinking about co-marketing opportunities.
You’ll work directly with our Head of Partnerships along with a number of cross-functional partners like Sales, Product, Legal and Finance. Your role will cover a diverse set of partnership opportunities, including those we will work with for go-to-market and distribution (consultancies, SIs) as well as understanding our product roadmap to find the best product partnerships.
This role can be based in New York or San Francisco.
- develop and grow the Watershed ecosystem of partners by understanding our product roadmap and go-to-market strategy to select the best partnership opportunities
- own the partnership end-to-end including developing terms, executing partnership agreements, onboarding new partners and owning partner success
- drive sales pipeline via the partnerships identified and in play - this will be a key metric of success for this role
- act as a thought-leader with Product, Data, and Sales/Customer Success teams to map out highest impact and revenue opportunities and influence future of the company’s revenue streams
- significant experience in Business Development and Partnerships including past work in ecosystem partnerships specifically
- deep understanding of revenue structures and incentives to successfully design partner programs
- experience in co-branding and co-marketing efforts to drive customer acquisition and growth
- a passionate thought-partner and collaborator across product, marketing, data and customer teams
- ability to think big picture, while also rolling up sleeves and executing
What’s your approach to remote work?
Watershed is hiring team members on all US and EU time zones, and we’re committed to growing a long-term distributed team. We have hub offices in San Francisco, New York and London, and remote team members from Oregon to New Jersey to Ireland. There may be certain jobs that need to be in San Francisco / New York / London or certain locations, and will be specifically noted in the job description or in conversations.
What are Watershed’s return-to-office plans?
We reopened our San Francisco office in June 2021, and treasure the energy and collaboration that comes from working together in person. We’re particularly lucky to have a great rooftop outdoor space, where we can gather for lunch, one-on-one’s, and the occasional outdoor whiteboarding session. We’re also investing deeply to support remote as a first-class hub, with regular Zoom social times, an emphasis on transparency and written artifacts, and periodic offsites to gather everybody in person.
We’re a COVID-cautious company. The office is open to vaccinated team members and we’ll continue to pay close attention to case rates to ensure it’s safe for everybody.
Do I need X years of experience, climate experience, etc.?
No, Watershed is hiring team members with a broad range of prior experience, and we’d love to talk with you regardless of yours. We prioritize mentorship on the job. There maybe certain jobs that will need X years of experience, and will be specifically noted in the job description.
What’s the interview process like?
It starts the same for every candidate: getting to know the team members through 1 to 2 conversations about Watershed, your experience, and your interests. Next steps can vary by role, but usual next steps are a skill or experience screen (e.g. a coding interview for an engineer, a portfolio review for a designer, deeper experience call for other roles) which leads to a (usually virtual) onsite interview after that if the screens go well. We prioritize transparency and lack of surprise throughout the process.