Watershed is a software platform for running a world-class climate program. We measure our success in the carbon reduction achievements of our customers. We are looking for team members who love product-building, want to work hard at a mission-oriented startup, and will collaborate with us in shaping the culture of a growing team.
We have offices in San Francisco, New York and London and remote team members across the US and Europe. We hope that you'll be interested in joining us!
Watershed is on a mission to help companies measure, reduce, remove, and report their emissions. Our success is defined by the success of our customers — we’re looking to bring on founding members of our Customer Success team in San Francisco and New York to help our customers successfully embark on their climate journeys.
Our Enterprise Customer Success Managers (CSMs) own the relationship with our customers, helping them navigate the climate world and Watershed’s offerings. CSMs dive deep with customers to understand their business and how to best support them on their climate journeys — leveraging the power of Watershed’s broader teams to accomplish this.
- Be responsible for the end-to-end experience of our customers
- Build trust with key stakeholders and Executives working with companies with 2,000 - 10,000 employees
- Help customers understand and use the product to achieve business outcomes; you'll onboard them onto the dashboard, equip them to gather the information they need about their carbon footprint, and will help them set and achieve their climate plans.
- Serve as the voice of the customer and provide internal feedback on how we can better serve customers to maximize value and retention; you’ll in turn also help customers understand the value Watershed delivers to their business.
- Become deeply familiar with your customers’ businesses and climate — You'll educate your customers on the space and will help them hit milestones along their climate journey.
- Help customers understand and use Watershed’s carbon marketplace — integrating carbon removal into their climate plans.
To be successful in this role you:
- Will have relevant CSM experience, in a SaaS organization.
- Have a track record of success building relationships, especially with enterprise customers (2,000 - 10,000 employees) at an executive level.
- Ask the right questions to understand people’s underlying needs and can work with sales, product, and services teams to deliver on those.
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. You have experience working in enterprise level customer-facing work.
- Are extremely organized — you're able to balance many moving pieces across the various customers in your portfolio, and have a proven project management track record.
- Enjoy learning new things. You’re excited by the challenge of learning a new space.
- Are excited to join a startup and are ready to take responsibility for building a function from the ground up.
The role may include up to 10%+ travel.
The anticipated on target earnings is inclusive of base salary + variable commission. The provided compensation detail is in addition to a total rewards benefits package including equity, health/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), unlimited paid time off, paid parental leave (includes variable compensation during leave), fertility, and mental health programs etc.
Where does Watershed work?
We have hub offices in San Francisco, New York and London, and some remote team members in the US and EU. Most of our jobs need to be in San Francisco / New York / London, but certain jobs are open to being remote and will be specifically noted on the jobs page and in the job description.
What’s the interview process like?
It starts the same for every candidate: getting to know the team members through 1 to 2 conversations about Watershed, your experience, and your interests. Next steps can vary by role, but usual next steps are a skill or experience screen (e.g. a coding interview for an engineer, a portfolio review for a designer, deeper experience call for other roles) which leads to a virtual or in person interview panel after that if the screens go well. We prioritize transparency and lack of surprise throughout the process.