Watershed is a software platform for running a world-class climate program. We measure our success in the carbon reduction achievements of our customers. We are looking for team members who love product-building, want to work hard at a mission-oriented startup, and will collaborate with us in shaping the culture of a growing team.
We have offices in San Francisco, New York and London and remote team members across the US and Europe. We hope that you'll be interested in joining us!
As a member of the Revenue Marketing team, you’ll play a crucial role in accelerating Watershed’s growth through the development of our marketing operations infrastructure. Partnering closely with our sales, revenue operations, and engineering team your mission will be to ensure the marketing engine runs smoothly across the entire customer lifecycle, from the moment a user visits our website to the day the contract is signed (and beyond!).
Our ideal candidate will be a data-driven, tech-savvy marketing ops professional, with experience managing marketing technology, analytics, and operations at high-growth software companies. You’re the type of person who pays attention to every detail and proactively identifies opportunities for optimization, while balancing vision-setting for funnel operations, performance metrics, and martech stack. You thrive in ambiguous environments and enjoy collaborating with a variety of cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Own and drive our overall strategy for marketing operations, technology, analytics, and reporting
- Maintain a highly efficient and effective marketing funnel, including by continuously monitoring funnel data (e.g. conversion rates) and taking proactive steps to optimize the funnel
- Manage and optimize our martech stack across various tools and channels: web, email, search, social, digital advertising, and more
- Manage our database of marketing leads and contacts with close attention to detail, a passion for customer experience, and a commitment to technical and operational excellence
- Own marketing monitoring and reporting for all marketing KPIs on a weekly, quarterly, & annual basis
- Work closely with revenue operations, demand gen, and sales leadership to ensure seamless alignment on metrics, lead qualification logic, handoffs, and funnel operations
- Research, choose, and manage external vendors and agencies as needed.
You might be a fit if you have:
- 6+ years experience in B2B marketing operations and analytics, with proven success in high-growth environments
- An expert grasp of core marketing metrics and KPIs for B2B software business
- Experience defining marketing targets based on industry benchmarks and historical trends
- A deep love of data, along with the ability to use data to inform strategic decisions and advocate for investment in the right places.
- Experience owning and expanding upon marketing attribution logic under the guise of tracking sourced and accelerated pipeline development
- Experience building and running marketing ops teams and programs, including setting strategy, implementing a regular reporting cadence for reporting and optimization, and using (and improving) key marketing tools (Hubspot/Marketo, 6sense, ZoomInfo) to run ROI-positive campaigns
- Informed opinions about the best martech tools, along with the ability to implement and optimize a marketing technology stack
- A deep understanding of how enterprise demand gen works, including familiarity with key metrics, tactics, and strategies, as well as the desire to experiment and optimize
- Strategic and collaborative stakeholder management skills
The anticipated salary range is in addition to a total rewards benefit package including equity, health/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), unlimited paid time off, paid parental leave, fertility, and mental health programs etc.
Where does Watershed work?
We have hub offices in San Francisco, New York and London, and some remote team members in the US and EU. Most of our jobs need to be in San Francisco / New York / London, but certain jobs are open to being remote and will be specifically noted on the jobs page and in the job description.
What’s the interview process like?
It starts the same for every candidate: getting to know the team members through 1 to 2 conversations about Watershed, your experience, and your interests. Next steps can vary by role, but usual next steps are a skill or experience screen (e.g. a coding interview for an engineer, a portfolio review for a designer, deeper experience call for other roles) which leads to a virtual or in person interview panel after that if the screens go well. We prioritize transparency and lack of surprise throughout the process.