Watershed is a software platform for running a world-class climate program. We measure our success in the carbon reduction achievements of our customers. We are looking for team members who love product-building, want to work hard at a mission-oriented startup, and will collaborate with us in shaping the culture of a growing team.
We have offices in San Francisco, New York and London and remote team members across the US and Europe. We hope that you'll be interested in joining us!
We are looking for an engineer to shape the way we approach product security, data governance, and security automation.
Hundreds of businesses trust Watershed with some of their most important information. Since Day 1, maintaining a high bar for security security and upholding that trust has been part of our DNA. In this role, you’ll take the lead on the areas where security and engineering meet: designing, implementing, and advising on security-critical product features, advancing our data governance strategy and tooling, and improving our security operations like detection and alerting.
As one of the early dedicated team members in a critical area for Watershed, you’ll be helping set the approach and standard for the whole domain. The things you’ll do will include:
- Drive the strategy and implementation of security monitoring, alerting, and detection tools
- Lead data classification and other security-related elements of our data governance work
- Work with our platform teams to define the security configuration and features of our production platform across deploy, storage, traffic, and developer velocity
- Provide security expertise and review for security features in the Watershed product
- Work with product, sales, and legal teams to create solutions that meet customer needs regarding data governance, auditing, access control, and more
- Be a hands-on member of the engineering team
- Help the engineers around you level-up on their own security reasoning and knowledge
We’re looking for folks with four or more years experience across the spectrum of security engineering. Some traits that are important to our company culture: customer-obsessed, hard-working, inclusive, and optimistic. SF highly preferred
What’s your approach to remote work?
Watershed is hiring team members on all US and EU time zones, and we’re committed to growing a long-term distributed team. We have hub offices in San Francisco, New York and London, and remote team members from Oregon to New Jersey to Ireland. There may be certain jobs that need to be in San Francisco / New York / London or certain locations, and will be specifically noted in the job description or in conversations.
What’s the interview process like?
It starts the same for every candidate: getting to know the team members through 1 to 2 conversations about Watershed, your experience, and your interests. Next steps can vary by role, but usual next steps are a skill or experience screen (e.g. a coding interview for an engineer, a portfolio review for a designer, deeper experience call for other roles) which leads to a (usually virtual) onsite interview after that if the screens go well. We prioritize transparency and lack of surprise throughout the process.