Watershed is a software platform for running a world-class climate program. We measure our success in the carbon reduction achievements of our customers. We are looking for team members who love product-building, want to work hard at a mission-oriented startup, and will collaborate with us in shaping the culture of a growing team.
We have offices in San Francisco, New York and London and remote team members across the US and Europe. We hope that you'll be interested in joining us!
We're growing our Climate Advisor team to accelerate the adoption and expansion of best-in-class corporate climate programs. Our Climate Advisors do this by working directly with companies, advising how to track, disclose and reduce carbon emissions; and by working with our product and engineering teams to build climate intelligence into everything we do. Our team is driven by a mission to drive carbon reductions in the world’s largest companies.
- Advise corporates on how to create and increase the ambition of their climate programs, and then realize those goals — ranging from reporting to target-setting to decarbonization strategies
- Build climate intelligence by staying ahead of the latest climate frameworks, regulation or developments – and bringing these to our customers
- Pioneer Watershed’s capabilities by exploring climate needs in new industries or developing new product prototypes, to push the frontier of what Watershed can deliver
- Infuse climate program expertise into how we work with our customers and to the other parts of the Watershed organization (partnering with Sales, Customer Success, Engineering and more)
You might be a fit if you:
- Have 6+ years of professional experience, with at least 1-2 years working in corporate decarbonization
- Have deep familiarity of key climate frameworks, such as GHGP, PCAF, TCFD, SBTi or CDP
- Have experience driving strategic initiatives in complex organizations, driving decision making while managing internal and external stakeholders
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and are comfortable presenting to C-suite
- Think clearly about complex problems, and are comfortable using and speaking to data
- Are passionate about climate, excited to join a startup and ready to take responsibility defining a new standard for climate programs around the world!
Considered a “nice to have” if you:
- Have a degree in climate related fields (e.g. climate science, sustainability, environmental engineering)
- Are fluent in multiple languages (English, French, German or Spanish)
The anticipated salary range is in addition to a total rewards benefit package including equity, health/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), unlimited paid time off, paid parental leave, fertility, and mental health programs etc.
Where does Watershed work?
We have hub offices in San Francisco, New York and London, and some remote team members in the US and EU. Most of our jobs need to be in San Francisco / New York / London, but certain jobs are open to being remote and will be specifically noted on the jobs page and in the job description.
What’s the interview process like?
It starts the same for every candidate: getting to know the team members through 1 to 2 conversations about Watershed, your experience, and your interests. Next steps can vary by role, but usual next steps are a skill or experience screen (e.g. a coding interview for an engineer, a portfolio review for a designer, deeper experience call for other roles) which leads to a virtual or in person interview panel after that if the screens go well. We prioritize transparency and lack of surprise throughout the process.